A vacancy has arisen for a Cheesemaker within the Production Department at our busy client based in Leicestershire.
Responsible for the production of Stilton Cheese and managing/operating a cutting edge automated vat system, following the correct recipes in accordance with prescribed working instructions. This involves a variety of tasks from vat filling to curd unload.
Also to include the production of Rutland Red.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Liaise with the Pasteuriser Operative to ensure correct control of milk into the vats
- To ensure all ingredients are prepared, handled and added at the correct stage in the process, respecting stock rotation.
- Follow recipes correctly in accordance with customer specifications
- Responsible for the correct selection and implementation of vat equipment and their usage to ensure stirring, cutting and drainage steps are fulfilled accordingly
- In process testing
- Follow food safety procedures at all times, ensuring equipment cleaning and disinfection is carried out as per procedures.
- In process testing
- Correct and safe operation of the Cleaning In Place (CIP) systems
- Timely and accurate cleaning of the line and end of day dismantling and cleaning of equipment, tools and work area where appropriate. Ensure no cross-contamination occurs from vat to vat via equipment
- Ensure chemicals are tested and dosed correctly.
- Ensure traceability is maintained through records and identification tags.
- Perform integrity/accountability checks of all vat related tools
- Carry out daily start-up safety checks and maintain accurate records.
- Ensure health & safety procedures, quality/hygiene standards and company rules/procedures are adhered to at all times
- Ensure product quality is maintained in accordance with quality standards
- Report problems or issues as they arise, which may impact on health and safety, food safety, product quality or productivity.
- Undertake relevant training as and when required
- Attend cheesemaker meetings.
- You may be required to undertake other duties from time to time, as the Company may reasonably request/require.
Experience & Skills
- Quality and food safety focused
- Industrious and able to work under pressure
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (to be attained within 6 months)
- Good level of fitness
- Good level of accuracy and numeracy when completing records
- Adaptable/flexible to meet requirements and demands of production and seasonal fluctuations
- Ability to work on own initiative/self -motivated
- Good standard of spoken and written English
- Basic IT skills
- Good knowledge of operating machinery.
- Food/process manufacturing background
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Cheese making experience.
- Planning & organising
- Effective communication
- Customer Focus
If you are interested or would like to know more information about the role please contact Laura Heathcote at Barker Ross on 0115 9416324.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.