CARETAKER REQUIRED FOR CLAPHAM PARK HOMES, LONDON, START ASAP - £9.25 PAYE
SUITABLE CANDIDATE NEEDS TO PROVIDE AN UP-TO-DATE DBS CHECK & 3 YEARS WORTH OF REFERENCING
Deliver a high quality caretaking services to a designated estates to ensure, we
maximise customer satisfaction to a range of customers including leaseholders,
freeholders, tenants, in achieving CPH's agreed performance targets and in
protecting Metropolitan's assets.
· To work with maintenance, customer service and housing teams to identify and
progress communal repairs including all entry-phone systems, keeping residents
informed as appropriate.
· To ensure all play area are opened and closed on time, and to carry out Level
1 playground inspections and reports.
· To support all Housing Officers and Decant Officers in ensuring properties are
available for letting
· To monitor the lighting on the external walkways, staircases, landings and lifts
and report any defects to Metropolitan's Customer Services team and
Pinnacle, noting job numbers. Make seasonal adjustments to scheme lighting
and keep a diary record.
· Ensure that domestic and bulk refuse is compacted regularly and taken away
on a weekly basis in conjunction with Contractor. Be an advocate for recycling
of all waste on the designated estate, ensuring recycling and refuse bins are
emptied regularly by the local authority.
· Keep a general watch over the estate and patrol regularly to prevent trespass
and vandalism. To report any such activities to the Housing Services Officer,
together with any other matters prejudicial to order on the estate.
· Assist tenants wherever possible, to call out emergency services as required,
to hold keys for communal areas, and to be generally responsible for security
on the estate.
· To give access to vacant properties when directed by the Housing Officer
contractors or other authorised persons.
· To assist the sheltered staff with the setting up of the residents Sheltered Community
Centre as applicable.
· To support the distribution of information and newsletters to all residents on
behalf of MHT
· Provide emergency call out cover for all situations requiring a housing
management presence on a rota basis.
· To provide verbal and written reports regarding community safety, anti social
behaviour and crime as required
· To act as a professional witness in cases of ASB if required
· To identify and report any incidents of vacant/ abandoned properties or misuse
· To patrol and report to the parking contractor any vehicles that are abandoned,
without a valid permit or tax disc.
· To attend to minor maintenance requests, as directed by the Housing Officer,
such as minor electrical repairs, rewiring of plugs and mending of fuses, minor
sink and drainage blockages, renewing of locks, patch repairs to fencing and
keep a diary record.
Liaison and joint working
· Work collaboratively with colleagues in other teams to improve service effectiveness.
Work cross functionally to achieve targets and standards by joint working with other
For more information about the role please contact Lewis on 07726995912 or email CV over to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.