Our client is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care and support services. We deliver care and support to customers with a wide range of needs, specialising in services for older people and for people with mental health issues and learning disabilities. They also deliver a wide range of shorter term services which provide customers with intensive support.
Position Available: Care and Support Worker - General Needs, Kilburn, Willesden, Brent areas, £15,745 - £16,673pa, Permanent, 37.5 hrs per week
To provide personalised care and support services to a diverse range of customers. To work flexibly to ensure individual needs are met while maximising independence, choice, dignity, privacy and well-being, in collaboration with the senior care and support workers/team leaders.
- Provide assistance with the personal care and support needs of customers as identified in their care and support plan.
- Encourage and support customers to establish and maintain positive relationships with their family and friends and engage in activities which help them to achieve their personal goals.
- Provide support and practical assistance to customers with benefits, budgeting, paying bills and accessing appropriate services.
- Provide social and emotional support to customers in line with policies & procedures and best practice.
- Promote self advocacy and act as the customers` advocate where appropriate.
- Be aware of customers` wellbeing, safety and state of health, reporting any concerns.
- Provide care and support that is appropriate to the age, gender, disability, race, religion and sexuality of the customer to improve their quality of life and independence.
- Ensure all necessary records are accurate and up to date.
- Prompt and assist with the ordering, safe storage and administration of medication as detailed in care & support plans, recording as appropriate.
Working with people
- Contribute to and work as part of a team, including providing cover for absent colleagues to improve service effectiveness and deliver a positive customer experience.
- To participate fully in staff meetings, training and other team activities.
- Build and maintain effective and productive working relationships with colleagues in the business and a broad range of external stakeholders, to strengthen the client reputation as a leading housing, care and support provider.
- Achieve high customer satisfaction levels using feedback and customer insight.
- Deal with enquiries from family members, Social Workers and health professionals.
- Ensure customers are aware of personal health & safety issues, as identified in their Risk Assessments.
Managing self and personal skills
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably required by your line manager.
- Manage your own continual professional development utilising available learning resources and opportunities and own personal networks.
- Agree to conduct yourself in line with the general standards of conduct and behaviour as detailed in the Code of Conduct which include awareness of risk, health and safety at work, data protection and embracing the cultural diversity of all colleagues and customers.
- Ability to work using own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet customer and service requirements across a geographical area.
- Availability to work on a rota basis, weekends and public holidays.
- Carry out sleep-ins where appropriate.
- Ability to undertake moving and handling tasks (including pushing of wheelchairs)
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.