Barker Ross Healthcare are currently recruiting for a Care and Support worker in Lenton for a care home providing care and support to adults with learning and physical disabilities.
As a Care and Support worker within the home, you will act as a professional person working closely with other agencies and professionals. You will be report to the manager for the day to day running of the home, managing a shift and delivering high quality care to the adults and elderly. You will help to the ensure the home is compliant and safeguards the welfare of adults and elderly.
The ideal candidate would have excellent communication skills, knowledge of care plans, and be able to demonstrate a good understanding of professionalism and knowledge of the day to day operations of a Care home.
Furthermore, you will be expected to:
- Providing high quality care to adults, identifying needs and preferences of each individual
- Supporting adults with learning and physical difficulties
- Encourage good community relationships and liaising with families and support staff
- Accurately report, record and maintain records as required
- Assist with all aspects of care and personal care
- Person centred support plans and risk assessments are created in partnership with the person, their family and other professionals and social workers
- Providing one to one support
- Various hours of work available on working rota
For the role candidates must have:
- Enhanced DBS on the update service
- Mandatory training
- At least 6 month experience within care and support
- Qualifications within the sector are desirable but not essential
Training and development opportunities are provided to support you in developing your career.
If this is a role you are interested in please contact Emily at Barker Ross Healthcare on 0115 9418131.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.