Roles and Responsibilities:
- Attends designated parking areas at a pay-for-parking and staff allocated areas during established lot hours.
- Issues Enforcement Notices and warnings where appropriate and in line with service polices and standards.
- Directs drivers of vehicles to appropriate parking areas if and when required and provides information to visitors, students, staff and Patients.
- Monitors and/or patrols site to check for required permits and to ensure cars are parked in designated spaces and not blocking traffic flow.
- Quick Response to notifications of parking infringements as directed by management.
- Engage with the Public and staff in a calm, professional and approachable manner at all times.
- Be helpful and courteous to all
- Regulates parking and traffic in assigned lot restricting unauthorized vehicles and providing entry to authorized vehicles.
- Collects parking Machine money tins as directed
- Enters transactions on cash register or other approved means and balances cash according to an established procedure. As and when required
- Carries out pre use checks on Service vehicle and records/reports faults and deficiencies
- Completes reports or forms required by department.
- Provides directions, parking alternatives and campus information upon request to visitors, students, staff and patients
- Checks assigned Car parking areas for suspicious activity and reports such to Trust Security
- Checks permits to verify authorization and assist in identification of stolen permits.
- Working in all weather conditions (Outdoor working environment)
- Carry out tasks as directed by Management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general parking practices and procedures.
- Skill in basic math.
- Fluency in spoken English
- Fluency in Written English
- Right to work in the UK
- Able to write reports in English to a good literal standard
- IT Skills - Basic
- Skill in courteous communication with public.
- Skill in accurate exchange of coins and currency. Training will be given
- Requires long periods of time on foot/walking
- Skill in following verbal and written instructions.
- Punctual - Excellent Time keeping
- Provides references
- Smoking is prohibited on official duty and in the presence of the general public whilst in Uniform.
If you're interested in this position please call Megan for more information on 0115 941 6324.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.