Our client is a modern café and farm shop based just on the outskirts of Gainsborough and they are currently seeking a Café Team Leader to join their team on a full time basis in which weekend and evening work will be required.
Initially this will be a temporary contract with the opportunity to go permanent after a period of 12 weeks for the right candidate.
The main purpose of the role is to provide consistently high quality, fresh, tasty and safe café meals which are prepared and cooked to company specifications.
You will be required to work with the Kitchen Manager and the rest of the kitchen team to ensure the smooth running of the kitchen through contributing to team management and leadership in the manager's absence and continually motivating the team as well as ensuring that all food safety, health and hygiene regulations are adhered to and constantly striving for improvements in all areas of the kitchen department.
Additional duties will include:-
- Preparing high quality and fresh meals, following HACCP procedures and maintaining all food production records
- Using and maintaining all kitchen equipment
- Completing start up and end of day procedures
- Checking and recording kitchen and fridge freezer temperatures
- Labelling and storing food correctly and making sure that food is used within its use by date
- Maintaining the kitchen cleaning schedule
- Monitoring stock levels on a daily basis
- Supervising staff in the absence of the Kitchen Manager, ensuring effective working, organising team lunch breaks at appropriate times and working closely with part time staff
- Processing of supplier deliveries
- Contribute to new product ideas for the shop and café
We are looking for someone who has experience of leading a team but also has experience of preparing food and other kitchen assistant duties.
You must be flexible to cover other areas of the business in the event of holidays/sickness and be prepared to be involved at company events.
The successful candidate will also need their own transport in order to reach the location of the site.
Please send your CV in the first instance or call the Lincoln office today on 01522 551910 for further information!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.