Cad / Design Engineer
I am currently recruiting for a well established client in the Milton Keynes area who are keen to recruit an experienced CAD/Design Engineer to provide a technical engineering service, utilising 2D & 3D CAD software for both the Engineering and Manufacturing Departments.
- Customer liaison on the design of tooling and components for new and existing product.
- Design and draft dies, clip tools and machining fixtures in conjunction with the Senior Technical Engineers, utilising CAD software and conventional drawings.
- Design and specify, in conjunction with Senior Technical Engineers, process parameters for new tooling production.
- Maintain tooling drawings.
- Review revised customers issued drawings and issue to the relevant areas within company.
- To aid in the implementation and proving of design processes.
- To implement and maintain a comprehensive drawing library.
- Provide technical support to Production and Tooling Engineers.
- Keep abreast of new and emerging methodologies and technologies.
- Undertake effective planning and prioritisation of workload wherever necessary.
- Ensure that resources are used to optimum effect.
- Understand and operate in line with relevant legislation, Company policy and Company procedures.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships between yourself and others both internally and externally, wherever appropriate.
- Complete and maintain accurate, timely documentation and records as required by the business.
- Maintain the required standards of housekeeping.
- Support other teams and functions as required by the business.
- Undertake self-development activities as required by the business.
- Undertake any other tasks or duties as required by your line manager
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and practices operated by the Company.
- May be required to assist sister Group companies.
Primary Performance Standards:
- Quality of workmanship (Internal / external feedback)
- Attendance (HR records)
- Safety (HR records)
- Housekeeping (Internal audits)
- Projects are on time and meet internal and external QCD requirements (internal KPIs and external feedback)
- Personal development plan (Achievement against plan)
Suggested candidate background:
- Qualified Mechanical engineer with experience in 3D CAD design. (Delcam)
- Relevant experience in a moulding enviroment
If you feel you may be suitable for this role then please contact Nicole Cooling.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.