Buyer/Scheduler - Modular Construction - Competitive Salary based on experience - 25 Days Holiday
A leading force in offsite modular building, based in Nottinghamshire, operating across a range of sectors including: MOD, Commercial, Retail, Hotel, Student Accommodation and Education sectors.
As the buyer/scheduler, you will but not be restricted to
- Reporting to the Group Procurement Manager
- Be negotiate or renegotiate and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors and other representatives
- Ensure the quality, quantity and price of raw materials
- Analyse price proposals and other data and information to determine reasonable prices
- Initiate projects to reduce the total cost of raw materials and packaging goods
- Study sales records and inventory levels of current stock to develop strategic purchasing programmes that facilitate employee access to supplies
- Monitor changes affecting supply and demand, tracking market conditions, price trends or futures markets
To be successful for the role as a minimum you will
- Be able to perform accurate take offs from technical drawings
- 5 years experience of purchasing in the building trade
- Good computer skills including Word, MS Excel and Outlook
- The capacity to learn other software applications as needed
- Be able to produce bills of materials
- Excellent communication skills up and down the organisational structure
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 01159483757.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.