We are currently recruiting for additional Buyers to join our team. Based at our Head Office Site in Nottingham, this challenging role offers a real opportunity to make your mark within our growing company.
The role will involve negotiating prices with suppliers for new and existing product lines; therefore it is key that effective relationships are maintained with suppliers. You will ensure goods are delivered on time, responsible for range reviews, promotional activity, negotiating terms, stock availability and stockholding within your categories. You will review sales to interpret customer needs and react to any changes.
- Experience: 3 Years or more wholesale/retail industry
- Strong ability to control and deliver KPI's ; Profit, sales, stockholding, availability
- Ability to work with data, analyse promotions and work on range reviews
- Category management experience
- Supply Chain understanding
- Ability to prioritise, demonstrating first class organisational and time management skills
- Be confident and competent in negotiating and networking
- Be able to work on their own initiative and be adaptable
- Have good commercial awareness, creative, organised with the ability to multi-task
- Confidence working as part of a team and independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Be numerical and proficient in all Microsoft packages
·Customers portfolio would be an advantage
·Educated to Degree Level in Business/Buying/Finance
A range of benefits are available to the successful candidate, including a full staff benefits scheme with retail discounts, discounted products and memberships. In addition there is also an employee assistance programme, staff discount in store, childcare voucher scheme and more!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.