Our client who has a small farm shop, butchery and café on site currently has an opportunity for a Butcher to join their growing butchery team. The role is looking to start as soon as possible and will be recruited on a temporary to permanent basis.
The hours are a minimum of 45 hours per week, with the opportunity for additional hours at busy times, during seasonal peaks and covering holidays. This will involve working 5 days per week with 4 days during the week and alternate weekends.
The hourly rate for this position will be £8.90 per hour which equates to £20,800 per annum.
Duties of the role will include:
- Breakdown of carcases for the home produced pork products and assisting with beef and lamb butchery
- Assisting with the production of sausage and bacon, operating butchery equipment and assisting with packing the product
- Ensuring that all food production traceability records are completed and that butchery HACCP plans are adhered to for products produced
- Serving customers in a friendly and efficient manner, operating the tills and scales and processing all forms of payment
- Responsible for delivering product to wholesaler, pubs and restaurants using the chilled distribution van, completing associated paperwork including delivery notes
- Be jointly accountable for the butchery hygiene, start up and end of day procedures and cleaning records and ensure that these are carried out, monitored and recorded correctly throughout the butchery and shop retail space
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- Knife skills associated with working in a butchery or cutting meat plant, minimum 2 years experience
- Hold a full UK drivers licence
- Reliable and efficient
- Friendly and professional
- Willing to get stuck in and work to deliver the team objectives
Please send your CV in the first instance or call the Lincoln Office today on 01522 551910 for further information!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.