Butchering and Assisting with Sausage & Bacon Production
- Breaking down pig, beef and lamb carcasses
- Production of products and meat cuts for our retail butchery serve over counter
- Production of sausage and bacon, made and cured on site using our home reared pork
- Operating butchery equipment such as slicers, vac packers etc.
- Assisting with packing the products
- Ensure that all food production traceability records are completed and that butchery HACCP plans are adhered to for products produced
Deliveries (2 hours, 2 days a week)
- Be responsible for delivering product to a wholesaler using our chilled distribution van, presenting a professional and friendly company image
- Be responsible for ensuring the correct items are loaded and unloaded at the relevant waypoints
- Be responsible for associated paperwork including delivery notes
- Be jointly accountable for the butchery hygiene, start up and end of day procedures and cleaning records and ensure these are carried out, monitored and recorded correctly throughout the butchery and shop retail space
- Ensure that your department is left clean, tidy and secure at the end of each working day
- Delivering excellent customer service to farm shop customers
- Serve customers in a friendly and efficient manner, engaging in conversation with them to ensure that they have a fantastic shopping experience
- Be an expert in meat cuts and deli products to be able to inform the customer
- Operate tills/scales efficiently
- Be prepared to be flexible to cover other areas in event of holidays/ sickness and also to be prepared to be involved at other additional Uncle Henry's events as required
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities;
- Knife skills associated with working in a butchery, or cutting meat plant, minimum 2 years experience
- Hold a full UK driver's license
- Reliable & Efficient
- Friendly & Professional with a bubbly personality
- Willing to get stuck in and work to deliver the team's objectives
- The hours are a minimum of 45 hours per week, with the opportunity for additional hours at busy times, during seasonal peaks and covering holidays
- Working 5 days a week with 4 days during the week and alternate weekends
Pay (Can be adjusted dependant on experience)
- The hourly rate will be £8.90 per hour
- Equates to a minimum of £20,800 per annum
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.