Our client who is a friendly farm shop, butchery and café based just outside of Gainsborough is looking for a Butcher to join their growing team and to start work as soon as possible. Initially, this will be a temporary contract with the opportunity to turn permanent for the right candidate after a period of 12 weeks.
Working hours are 37.5 working Monday to Friday each week with a start time of 7am in order to fit in with the delivery schedule.
The pay rate for the role will be £8.50 per hour depending on experience.
Duties of the role will include:-
- Butchering and assisting with sausage and bacon production
- Assisting with the breakdown of carcases for our home produced pork products
- Operating butchery equipment and assisting with packing the product
- Ensure that all food production traceability records are completed and that butchery HACCP plans are adhered to for products that are produced
- Being responsible for delivering products to wholesalers and a high end hotel chain using the chilled distribution van
- Making sure that correct products are loaded and unloaded at the relevant waypoints
- Being responsible for associated paperwork including delivery notes
- Completing start up and end of day hygiene procedures
- Delivering excellent customer service and operating the tills/scales efficiently
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:-
- Knife skills associated with working in a butchery or cutting meat plant
- Hold a full UK drivers license
- Reliable and efficient, happy to cover holidays, sickness etc.
- Friendly and professional with a bubbly personality
- Willing to get stuck in and work to deliver the teams objectives
Please send your CV or call the Lincoln Office today on 01522 551910 for further information!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.