Employee engagement is our number one priority, happy employees make a successful business, this is reflected in the fact that our staff retention is over 85%. We offer fantastic training, mentoring & coaching and probably one of the best overall packages you will find in our sector and certainly the best management team you will find anywher
We offer an excellent salary, benefits and commission scheme as well as clear career progression paths for the right person. Barker Ross is a forward thinking, dynamic company with an ethos on looking after its staff, it's been in operation for 31 years and has a solid background within the industry with plans in place for expansion and growth.
Main purpose of the Business Manager role
To deliver the Business Units Yearly Profit requirement.
Responsibilities - Business Manager
- Business Development through new and existing clients - gaining operational & geographical information for leads on new business whilst maintaining strong cross selling through business development calls and visits;
- Ensure all current and new client accounts are retained through relationship development and service;
- Identifying new sectors and locations to maximize both growth and profitability;
- Manage client KPI reports for various accounts and implement actions on those with discrepancies;
- Liaise with Marketing team to organise and design marketing material for new promotions;
- Notify clients of any changes to legislation including National Minimum Wage, National Insurance and Holiday Pay through meetings and official documentation to confirm;
- React to any negotiations or client query by troubleshooting, identifying problems and quickly resolving;
- Send daily cost reports to key clients, utilising our unique Biometric hand scanners and software as and where needed;
- Ensure all clients vacancies are fulfilled.
- Overall management of supply of temporary /permanent employees;
- Ensure all candidates supplied are compliant with legal standards and internal practices;
- Managing the 'business unit' candidate attraction and screening processes;
- React, review and resolve candidate queries and complaints;
- Promote and manage the permanent recruitment for both current and new clients.
- Achieve the budget as set out by the board of directors;
- Development of IQX database and policing of usage within your 'business unit';
- Adhere to internal processes;
- Ensure minimum compliance levels are achieved when audited using the Traffic Light Audit;
- Manage & motivate your team, delivering weekly targets, period focuses and appraisals;
- Ensure that consultants weekly KPI expectations are achieved;
- Set objectives to improve team performance and organise incentives.
- Lead weekly meetings and task objectives set from Director Level;
- Proactively implement new reports through liaising with the I.T. department and offer suggestions for streamlining existing ones;
- Deliver internal reports as and when requested;
- Authorise payments for internal staff on temporary contracts;
- Help organise and construct various audits throughout the branch to ensure candidates are working legally compliant and to service levels set out by clients;
- Cost analyse the expenditure of the division in areas such as transport, PPE, hardware, internal costs, salaries and ensure your business unit is profitable ;
- Work closely with other branches to ensure a positive proactive working culture;
- Manage the internal recruitment & training of new staff;
- Promote a positive, proactive & happy work environment;
- Ensure that your business areas has the correct Health and Safety requirements and is in a presentable & professional state.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.