Building Surveyor - Housing Association - Nottingham - Competitive Salary DOE + Company benefits
Barker Ross are working closely with a housing association who are looking for a Building Surveyor providing support to the Asset Management and Development team in delivering an effective reactive maintenance, repair and planned minor and major works improvement service for tenants.
As a Building Manager, you will:
- Provide excellent customer service to our tenants through resolving maintenance problems efficiently, monitoring progress until completion.
- Liaise with tenants, contractors and Direct Labour Operatives (DLO) to ensure access issues are resolved and documentation is collected.
- Conduct internal and external inspections on housing and leasehold stock including estate inspections. Diagnose defects, make technical decisions and draw up specifications for work requiring quotations.
- Inspect and prepare void properties for re-let, including stock condition survey, compliance checks, scheduling repairs, managing contractors and completion of paper work.
- Develop technical specifications for works, prepare tender documents and administer full tender process for planned major and minor work and refurbishment schemes as required by the Senior Building Surveyor (SBS) and to administer these schemes from inception to completion maintaining appropriate records.
- Conduct post inspections on void properties and responsive repairs, checking adherence to Health & Safety, quality, and value for money.
- Work closely with the Housing Services team to share information and assist in solving tenancy management issues and carry out joint visits, estate inspections, tenant engagement days as required.
- Conduct fire/flood/impact damage inspections as required, complete insurance report, specifying works, interview all parties/agencies as required including attend site visits, provide reports, photographs, manage works to completion and provide costs on completion.
- Prepare and develop programmes of risk assessments & surveys, monitor, administer and maintain any associated works to ensure that the Association achieves compliance in relation to property legislation including; Gas safety, Electric safety, Fire safety, Asbestos management, Water Hygiene & Legionella management, Radon management, Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS), Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) and Construction Design Management (CDM).
- Manage, maintain and ensure compliance with health and safety and regulatory requirements for all Mechanical and Electrical (M & E) services including: gas servicing, electrical inspections, burglar, fire & smoke alarms, fire-fighting equipment, emergency lighting, Door entry systems, electronic gates, CCTV, Warden call systems, Lifts, dry risers, plant and equipment.
- Administer and monitor any planned major and minor works contracts including kitchens and bathrooms upgrade, windows and doors replacement, roof and walls repairs and replacement
- Administer and monitor any planned cyclical programme including fencing and painting programmes.
- ONC or equivalent in technical field i.e. building surveying/building services.
- Asbestos awareness.
- H&S legislation.
- Manual Handling,
- Planning and building regulations.Building construction and common defects.
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 01159483757 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me email@example.com
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.