Barker Ross are working on behalf of a large civil engineering infastructure company, who are looking for a Building Service Manager for a contractual basis with opportunities to do Temporary to Permanent. The role is to be based in Ports Down, Portsmouth. Ideally the candidate should be electrically biased with a reasonable appreciation of mechanical services - capable of obtaining military clearance so preferably of UK/Eu Origin located halfway between Portsmouth / London so that if we decide to convert from temp to perm the candidate can easily work either on the South Coast or London.
The Building Services Manager is an integral member of the Project Team and member of a Specific Business Unit and is responsible for the effective and efficient management of the mechanical, electrical and public health services on tenders and projects.
The Building Services Manager will act in a professional and responsible manner at all times maintaining good working relations with client, designers, site management, and our chain of sub-contractors, suppliers and with the public.
- Someone with similar Main Contractor experience
- Used to working on complex projects (not housing / residential)
- Good track record / employment record
- CSCS card
- Experienced at managing sub contractors and day to day issues on site
- A good appreciation of HV infrastructure coupled with genera building services.
Maintain and manage the building services elements of the project in line with the VFL Building Services Management Procedures including:
- Post Occupancy
Qualifications and Requirements
- Membership of Recognised Body such as CIBSE, CIPHE, IEE, IET, etc…
- Will be personable with good communication skills
- Have an in depth knowledge of the construction industry in general the building services industry in particular and preferably worked for a main contractor
- Good computer skills
- Pro-active/can do attitude
- Good rounded services knowledge both electrically and mechanically.
- Reasonable design knowledge
- Able to write work package plans and other method statements / reports, clearly and concisely
- Ability to provide programming advice
- Understanding / appreciation of building services costs
- Awareness of a range of different contracts including JCT and NEC
- Willing to work abnormal hours on occasions when work dictates
If you are interested in this role please contact Tom Green at Barker Ross on 07824016224 or email your CV to email@example.com.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.