Duties of this post will be to undertake the full range of Building Control functions within the Area, this work includes plan vetting, inspection of building work in progress, dangerous structures, and means of escape in case of fire.
The post-holder will assist the Area Building Control Manager in the fulfilment of the Council's statutory duty relating to health and safety of people in and around buildings, energy conservation and access of disabled persons, by ensuring that all works comply with the Building Regulations 2000 and associated legislation.
- A good standard of general education demonstrating numeracy and literacy.
- Knowledge of the main operational, procedural and practical issues relating to the BC service.
- Knowledge of current inter/national laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and developments relating to building control.
- Demonstrates an awareness and commitment to proactive customer care and services.
- Willingness to undertake ongoing continuous professional and personal development.
- Experience in building control or a closely related field
- Experience in working collaboratively with service users.
- Experience in engaging effectively with others and building productive partnerships.
- Effective IT skills and able to use ICT to achieve work objectives.
- Able to apply own initiative to overcome day-to-day operational problems.
- Prepares written material - reports, letters, site notes etc that are accurate, rational, convincing and coherent.
- Can communicate effectively with professionals and construction workers
- Numerate and able to understand building plans.
- Applies a methodical and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Remains calm and logical in stressful and difficult situations.
- Applies high standards of honesty, integrity, openness, and respect for others.
- Proactive and achievement orientated.
- Ability to work methodically and systematically with only general direct supervision.
A current UK driving licence.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.