We are looking for Breakfast Chef to work for one of our clients based in Brentwood, Essex.
As a breakfast chef you would be responsible to prepare and deliver to breakfast service, providing a high standard of fresh food in a busy hotel restaurant. Oversee the checking of all early morning deliveries.
Also be able to undertake a varied list of food preparation for the kitchen on a daily basis and take full responsibility and accountability for the Breakfast Shift. Additionally ensuring that all policies and procedures laid down by management are implemented.
Breakfast Chef Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take control of the breakfast service and ensure guests receive a truly delicious and memorable breakfast.
- Cooking and managing breakfast service and assisting with lunch service.
- Setting up and cleaning down the kitchen after breakfast.
- Ensure the kitchen is kept clean and hygienic at all times.
- Ansure all stocks are kept under optimum conditions.
- Ensre all mise-en-place is always freshly prepared and on time.
- Ensure all dshes are being prepared to the correct recipe and to the correct quantity.
- Ensure the department is operated within the appropriate legislation and the appropriate records are maintained up-to-date.
- Ensuring any anticipated issues are communicated promptly to the Head Chef.
- Ensuring all staff under your control are treated fairly and with courtesy.
- Ensuring and controlling levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operationg and food costs on an ongoing basis.
- Collect feedback from the guest during the breakfast session and report to Executive chef on any complaints or issues.
- Monitor and Ensuring that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of ther highest quality at all times.
- Personal grooming and appearance standards are met regarding cleanliness, sanitation and hygiene.
- Assist with producing menus and new dishes.
- Able to prepare different type of breakfast egg preparations and methods.
- Liaise with Purchase Manager regarding daily raw materials for breakfast.
- Ensure costings and budgets are achieved.
- Adhere to Health & Safety policies and regulations.
- Have a food knowledge on health & safety, hygiene, equal opportunities, HACCP and any other legislation.
- Able to handle pressure calmly and professionally.
- Attend training courses as and when required.
- Carry out any other duties as required by management.
- Passion for cooking
- Friendly outgoing personality along with excellent personal presentation.
- Passionate about producing high quality food.
- Able to tackle every task given to you with the highest levels of enthusiasm.
- Be an excellent team player.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.