Our well established client based in the centre of Lincoln is currently seeking 2 Benefits Officer's to join their team on a full time basis. The hours of work will be 8:30am - 5:00pm Monday to Friday each week and this will be a temporary on going project, currently estimated to last until April 2019.
Duties of the role will include:-
- Working under the general direction of the benefits team leaders to make timely and accurate assessments of entitlement to housing benefit and council tax benefit/support
- To undertake checks of housing benefit and council tax benefit support assessments, to ensure payments have been made correctly
- To recover overpaid housing benefit, council tax benefit and administrative penalties
- To assist with all aspects in the administration of housing benefit, council tax benefit/support and discretionary housing payments as required
- To identify cases where benefits may be being claimed fraudulently, referring these for investigation
- To respond to customer correspondence and to deal with council tax face to face enquiries wherever possible
In order to be considered for the role it is essential that you have Northgate system experience and also experience of calculating discretionary housing payments in a similar role.
Please send your CV in the first instance or call the Lincoln Office today on 01522 551910 for further information.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.