Our client provides a range of specialist housing, support, and registered care services to meet the needs of vulnerable people. The majority of our services are based in and around Chesterfield and Leicestershire. We employ over 600 people and are ambitious about growing the business across the whole of the East Midlands.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Behavioural Support Lead Practitioner to work in partnership with Care and Support teams to proactively develop the knowledge, skills and confidence of our teams to support people with complex needs and behaviours that challenge.
This is a new role and there is real scope to make a positive impact to the service we provide. You will deliver positive behavioural support training to new and established employees' and provide coaching and support to help them embed their skills. Other aspects of the role include providing support and guidance to managers and sharing best practice
To work in partnership with Care and Support teams to proactively develop the knowledge, skills and confidence of our teams to support people with complex needs and behaviours that challenge.
This role is based in Coalville with occasional travel to Ilkeston.
Below is a brief description of tasks to be undertaken as Behavioural Support Lead Practitioner.
*Deliver a professional, proactive and consistent learning and development service; developing and enhancing the skills of new and current employees to demonstrate good practice in the use of models such as PBS, MAPPA and Active Support and to challenge poor practice.
*Deliver, to a high standard, internal behavioural support training programmes to new and current employees and use HRM systems to maintain accurate training records
*Identify development needs for support staff, managers and teams and recommend approaches to address any learning gaps
*Evaluate learning and coaching interventions and measure the impact and benefits to the people we support, our employees and the business
*Build and maintain effective and positive relationships across all business areas, at all levels in the organisation and with external partners to ensure effective communication and collaboration on learning and development issues.
As a Behavioural Support Lead Practitioner you will need to be CIPD qualified.
In addition you will understand:
- Value of Positive Behavioural Support (PBS) models (theory & management)
- Behavioural model and assessment
- Essentials of PBS interventions
- Supporting skills development
- Practice leadership
- Person centred support
- Certificate in Training or other aligned teacher training certificates such as Edexcel L4 Certificate PTLLS, CTLLS and DTLLS.
- Professional Diploma or Certificate in Positive Behavioural Support, BTEC Advanced Certificate in Positive Behavioural Support or BTEC *Diploma in Positive Behavioural Management or willing to work towards.
- Extensive experience across the training cycle, from needs analysis, design of blended learning, to delivery and evaluation of learning solutions within a supported environment
Our Clients generous package includes:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Health cash plan - BHSF
- 34 days' annual leave (including statutory days), increasing with length of service (pro-rata for part time)
- Flexible working
- A wide range of training and development opportunities (we are an Investors in People accredited organisation)
For further information please contact Sarah on 01159418131
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.