Our client is currently looking to recruit a Bakery Development Manager. This role will be based in the Process department reporting to the Head of Development & Process. This fantastic opportunity will see you head up a team creating and devloping savoury baking products. Within your role you will complete the following duties.
- Lead and manage the Process Team to ensure right first-time delivery of new products and process improvement projects for the immediate term as well as ensuring we are prepared for the future.
- Drafting and implementing a strategy for the Process team, aligning resources to the strategy and prioritising accordingly.
- Overall responsibility for creation and management of to the one critical path from concept to launch and ensure progress is communication to all stakeholders.
- Establish a training programme for the process team to ensure they have the raw material, product and process knowledge to allow them to effectively complete their duties.
- Ensure that all products developed are legal, safe to eat, meet customer specification and COP, and site policies, as developed.
- Formulate, monitor and report on budgets and KPI's for the department to enable the business to meet its business operating profit.
- Maintain and review all elements of the Quality Management System which relate to product launches and project delivery.
The Successful Individual
- Minimum HND/Degree in a food related subject.
- Level 3 HACCP and Food Safety.
- Proven experience of managing people and performance.
- Proven background within Process Development or New Product Development.
- Proven experience of working in a high-risk chilled product food manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge of managing processes, plans, resources, people, projects and budget.
- Takes a long-term view of all business relationships and builds those relationships at every opportunity.
- Offers a clear direction on business and departmental strategy and make decisions to meet the long-term goals of the business
- Adopts an appropriate leadership style to motivate, inspire, lead and coach others to achieve excellence.
It is the quality of our people that's made us successful. We encourage a culture of opportunity and learning where our people can gain skills and qualifications to achieve their full potential. We reward hard work and dedication with a competitive hourly pay, retirement saving plan, profit share, private health care, occupational health, subsidised employee restaurant, long service rewards and free car parking.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.