Internal Audit Manager / Audit Senior
About the role;
This is an exciting opportunity within our retailers progressive, dynamic and high performing Internal Audit team to manage the delivery of risk-based audit and value-add advisory work across all areas of the business including finance, operations, multi-channel and trading.
This is a great opportunity to broaden your audit experience within a large complex retailer, part of the Wal-Mart Global Audit team spanning over 20 countries. You'll have exposure and engagement with senior stakeholders across the business, ability to manage your own time and workload and manage the delivery of value adding audits to all areas of the business. With previous experience working within practice, you may now be looking to make a move in-house to broaden your experience or may currently be working within an Internal Audit team looking for your next opportunity.
The Ins and Outs;
· Manage the delivery of risk-based audit and value-add advisory work across all areas of the business including finance, operations, multi-channel and trading
· Identify and assess the current and emerging risk areas and support the development of the overall audit plan
· Engage and influence senior stakeholders
· Have an innovative approach, adopting best practise and looking forward for ways to improve the value we add to the business
· Primarily be based at the Asda Home Office but will have opportunities to travel to stores, depots and other sites across the UK and international.
What you'll need;
Already operating at manager level, you will be financially and commercial astute with the ability to influence and communicate with key senior stakeholders across the business. You will also have:
· Accountancy qualifications through a recognised professional body (ACA, ACCA, CIMA etc.) Experience of working both within practice (ideally big 4) and in-house would be advantageous
· Experience of acting as a technically sound assurance expert - ideally you will also have good experience in delivery of value-add advisory work
· Strong business partnering skills - articulate, excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with strong written communication
· A proven track record for getting things done on time and to a high quality
· Examples of continuous improvement and innovative ways of working
· The ability to identify and take opportunities to develop self, colleagues and peers
· Commercial awareness
· Integrity and credibility
24 days holiday plus 1 floating day
If you would like to apply for this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0116 3666181
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.