Are you an experienced Audio Electronics Technician?
We are recruiting for our client based in Milton Keynes who are a genuine friendly but successful business and are market leaders for service, repair and re-manufacturing of In-Car Entertainment and Multimedia products for the global automotive industry, retailers and end users and are currently recruiting for Audio Electronics Technicians.
This is permanent position offering a salary of £19,220 - £20,280 depending on experience. You will work Monday - Friday 9AM - 5:30PM. Our client offers a company health scheme, pension and free parking is available on site.
You will be given on the job training however will need to be someone who can quickly demonstrate their sound commercial awareness and able to see the 'bigger picture'. You must have a willingness to learn the role and have creativity to suggest process improvements.
You will need to hold the following:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent qualification) Grade C or above in Maths, English and another relevant subject (such as a science or computing).
- Technical knowledge of audio, visual and navigation products.
- Repair and fault find to component level.
- Read schematic diagrams.
- Able to use test and measurement equipment for electronic analysis.
- Able to collate relevant data and write fault and failure analysis reports.
- Test, service, repair, re-manufacture and analyse to customer and company standards.
- Identify faults to down to component level, PCB and component replacement, hand soldering, read schematic diagrams, order required parts, record job information for reports across multiple systems in accordance with company standards.
- Methodically test using various equipment and problem-solve, providing cost-effective solutions to the identified fault.
- Follow up closure of jobs efficiently within agreed service levels.
- Achieve repairing modifications, Service Levels, quality standards, turnaround times and output targets to a high level.
- Adhere to Quality Control requirements.
- Liaise with customers to communicate repair estimates, timescales and technical feedback via telephone and email.
- Maintain a positive reputation with internal and external customers.
- Being positive and flexible to changing priorities in a varied and challenging work environment.
- Working necessary hours to ensure work is completed within agreed Service Levels and targets.
- Manage own workload achieving targets/priorities using good organisational and Microsoft Office skills.
Skills and Behaviour:
- Ability to handle a wide range of repairs and understand systems, products and processes.
- Problem-solve, routine-orientated, methodical, thorough, compliant and self-disciplined.
- Good hand soldering of components.
- Skilful and have an eye for detail.
- Good accurate level of PC literacy and able to use MS Office.
- Flexible and resilient to conflicting demands maintaining quality standards under pressure.
- Work closely with other team members to resolve issues.
- Able to work with limited supervision and work as a team player sharing skills and knowledge.
- Takes ownership of issues and follows through to finding resolution.
- Persist in finding resolution to achieving an economical repair and meet customer satisfaction.
- Motivated and focused to creating a positive customer interaction and experience.
To apply please send your CV to: email@example.com
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.