My client is a Global Engineering Consultancy who are currently recruiting for an Associate Director - Infrastructure to join their team based in the offices in the Twickenham area working on a long term major infrastructure project.
- Perform the role of Commission Manager, responsible for end to end service delivery, often with respect to large or complex commissions.
- To act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a value added cost management service.
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project and where appropriate involving company specialist Value Management team
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Managing the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Value engineering and life cycle costing
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
- Taking a lead role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities
- Taking responsibility for developing new business opportunities with existing and new company clients
- Identifying and acting upon cross-selling opportunities
- Working with Directors to construct bids for new work
- Identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve cost management procedures, templates and products and hence improve the service provided to clients
- Staff management (where appropriate) - Inputting into the formal management of Senior Cost Managers and Assistant Cost Managers or small cost management team, to include 2 nd round recruitment interviews, input into resource management and attendance at junior staff appraisals
- Knowledge management - Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each commission is input into the company database
- Financial management - Utilising FMS in order to keep track of the ongoing margin levels and monthly fee/resource forecasts for each commission
- Process improvement - Identifying and acting upon ways to improve internal systems and processes Skills Required
- Proven Cost / Commercial Management experience
- Preferably MRICS
- NEC3 contracts (in particular Option C - Target Cost)
- Post contract administration
- Experience of working on Major Programmes and Projects
- Experience of working in the Rail or Infrastructure sector (preferred)
- Experience in leading and managing teams
- £70,000 to £78,000 per year basic salary
- Company Car / Car Allowance
- Individual Annual Bonus
- Company Annual Bonus
For more information, please apply today and the relevant consultant will be in touch to discuss this role in more detail with you shortly
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.