Our established client based in Lincoln is currently seeking an Assistant Street Works & Permitting Officer to assist with a period of workload, where you will be required to assist with all aspects of the network management service, including the new roads and street works act, the traffic management act and all duties included within the highways permit scheme.
This is a temporary contract which is looking to start at the beginning of March, lasting until 9th September working 37 hours per week.
Duties of the role will include:-
- To liaise with all works promoters regarding progress of permits, consenting or refusal of applications and any applied conditions attached by the authorising authority
- To assist with the coordination and forward planning of all major utility, LCC, events and private contractor projects
- Assist with the administration and monitoring of all permits
- To carry out necessary liaison regarding any permit conditions prior to granting or refusing of permits
- To carry out the approval and inspection of licences for skips, scaffolding, vehicle crossovers, hoardings, street cafes and materials on the highways
- To assist with the approval and booking of all temporary traffic signals and road closure applications
- To carry out the administration of all events that may affect the highway
In order to be considered for this role it is essential that you have:-
- A demonstrable level of skill/knowledge/experience in core competencies and appropriate level of technical skills in a highways related discipline
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A good understanding of the complete NRSWA and permit duties and processes
- Knowledge of specialist NRSWA and permit software and IT systems
- The ability to professionally keep up to date with changes in legislation and national guidance
- Own transport to travel across the county if/when required
Please send your CV in the first instance or call the Lincoln Office today on 01522 551910 for more information.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.