Assistant Site Manager (Competitive Salary)
You will be working for one of the largest house building and special housing company's in the country. Who are looking for several Assistant Site Managers who will be available to start work after the Christmas period on various sites across the midlands.
You will assist the Site Manager to support and manage the directly employed and sub-contracted staff to ensure the designated site achieves the desired health and safety, budget and quality requirements while complying with Company policies and procedures. Complete all relevant paperwork as required.
Your main duties will include:
- Ensure compliance throughout the site with the Company`s health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain all statutory records on a daily/weekly basis as required.
- Ensure that all staff, sub-contractors and visitors to the site are appropriately inducted.
- Assist the Site Manager in ensuring traffic management and site strategy plans are in place and reviewed with the area Build Director as required.
- Follow Company guidelines in relation to accident and incident reporting procedures.
- In the absence of the Site Manager assess the site prior to the start of the working day responding to any emergencies and addressing any areas of risk.
- Regularly walk all areas of the site to observe general standards of health and safety and take remedial action as appropriate.
- Ensure all trades are using the appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Attend health and safety and other training courses are required by the Company.
- Ensure that all checklists are completed on a weekly basis.
- Include health and safety and environment on the agenda for all site team meetings.
- Keep the health and safety compendium up to date at all times.
- In the absence of the Site Manager ensure the site is secure at the end of each day, accompany health and safety advisers during site visits and undertake remedial action as appropriate.
- Assist the Site Manager in reviewing and action risk assessments and method statements for all operations.
You will need the following to be able to qualify
- CSCS Card
- Minimum SMSTS Site Manager qualification
- Safety Awareness Training
- Knowledge of ICA, Electrical, Mechanical and Civil engineering.
- Self motivation
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be able to work in a strong team environment
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 01159483757.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.