Facilities Assistant - Primary School
Job Title: Facilities Assistant
Reports to: Caretaker
Job purpose: Co-ordinate the day to day provision of an effective, professional cleaning service focused on service delivery, providing supervision and guidance to staff
Manage the security and safety of the building and its occupants.
- Monitor record and deliver service levels in accordance with contractual requirements, liaising with the client as necessary.
- Provide support, guidance, training and full line management for all cleaning staff.
- This is a hands on role, working with the cleaning team to work with and direct all cleaning staff in their duties ensuring the cleaning schedule is adhered to and targets are achieved to meet contractual requirements.
- Ensure that the cleaning function is appropriately resourced by managing the rota effectively including arranging suitable cover for sickness and holidays.
- To monitor staff attendance and maintain records to effectively manage absence
- Cleaning product stock control in liaison with the Superintendent
- Report the necessary procurement of new equipment to the Superintendent.
- Supervise the site and deal with all occurrences in accordance with embedded procedures
- Maintain the security of the school premises by securing entrances and exits as appropriate and reporting security breaches.
- Comply with Health & Safety regulations and company policy to ensure a safe and healthy environment for staff members, visitors, contractors and others.
- Post holder will be required to work with substances controlled under COSHH regulations
- Ensure all lights and equipment are turned off where possible in the school.
- Undertake emergency, reactive and daily cleaning duties as required
- Report any faults in any equipment or building through the helpdesk or to your line manager, or repair as appropriate in line with personal skills.
- Assist the winter gritting programme as required.
- Assist in the cover of the school during out of hours use as required.
- Comprehensive induction of all contractors and visitors to school including emergency procedures as required.
- The Post will involve elements of manual handling
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Experience/ knowledge of cleaning equipment, products, techniques and the ability to train staff in this area.
- Obligation to adhere to safe working practices and ensure due consideration is given to the safety of colleagues, school children, other users of the school and the public
- Planning & Organising skills
- Resilience under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and use own initiative
- Cleaning NVQ
Experience of managing or supervising staff
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.