As we slowly shed the harshness of winter and move into Spring, is your current role still leave you feeling left out in the cold?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Assistant Despatch Manager to join a prestigious business at their site in Nottingham
Reporting to the Outbound Logistics Manager, my client is looking for an experienced manager from within the logistics industry with the following main responsibilities:
- To ensure the storage, picking and despatch of all finished products is on time, in completed in full and is overall cost effective for the business.
- To maintain and develop effective measurement & feedback systems internally and for customers.
- To ensure the structure of the department is fit-for-purpose.
- To provide day-to-day management and direction for all reports and ensure they are appropriately skilled for their roles through effective one on one reviews, appraisal and training interventions
- Liaise with the Store Manager, telesales team and Finance Director regarding improvements and coordination of the delivered service
What you need
- 2+ years despatch supervisory experience or delivery experience within a logistics business
- Knowledge of driver regulations
- To assist with loading/unloading of deliveries and the day-to-day management of your team's holidays/sickness, etc.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.