Barker Ross are currently looking to recruit a Buyer to begin permanent work with one of our pharmaceutical clients based in Nottingham - NG8.
- Work closely with the Purchasing Team to:
- Responsible for the buying of all Company inventory in line with the Company's forecast and demand.
- Ensure inventory levels and product margin targets are achieved.
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Achieve service availability and Key KPI targets.
- Continually look for, and suggest, ways we can improve the service we provide to Health Care professionals and our mutual clients.
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers ensuring supplier discounts are maintained or improved.
- Actively monitor and manage supplier performance through developing and monitoring supplier scorecards/KPI dashboards - managing stock flow, price/discounts & general terms.
- Manage all aspects of the Purchasing team's performance giving direction and control through leadership, management and by setting the example.
- Actively identify, analyse and contribute to cross functional improvement projects.
- Attend Supplier, Operations and Company meetings as and when required Manage stock issues and ensure timely communication to Internal Departments.
- Deliver against agreed inventory stock turns and manage service delivery within the defined KPI targets.
- Preparing reports as required, facilitating recommendations that ensure optimal purchase execution.
- Actively identify, analyse and contribute towards cross functional improvement projects.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and external contacts.
Other Duties will be required.
Minimum qualifications -
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent preferred
- Clean driving license is desirable, limited travel on behalf of the company
- Buying and negotiation experience within a high volume purchasing environment.
- Forecast/Demand Planning ERP system experience and knowledge (preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012)
- Demand/Inventory Management Experience
- Ability to manage and prioritise heavy workload.
- The ability to use initiative and cope under pressure whilst working within the requirements of the department's procedures.
- Ability to work well under pressure within set timelines
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Action oriented and service driven
- A high level of computer literacy with Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Service Driven, with a high attention to detail
- An organised and motivated self-starter
- Keen to go the extra mile for the long term benefit and of clients and the Company.
If you have the relevant experience and qualities, and are interested in this role please call barker ross now on 0115 896 0888 or send your CV over
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.