Barker Ross is currently recruiting an Assistant Buyer for a well established, expanding UK food manufacturer with a diverse product portfolio. Due to a period of sustained growth & expansion, they are now in search of a high-calibre candidate to join the supply chain team based at their Berkshire site.
The main responsibilities of the Assistant Buyer will include:
- Take on Category Management of specific categories
- Owning the supplier relationship within these categories and working with them to deliver category strategy. This will also include dealing with unacceptable service such as failed deliveries or poor on time, in full (OTIF) performance
- Use Category Management tools to develop a category strategy to ensure that the right products are sourced at the right price from the right supplier
- Implement the developed strategy with both the supplier and internal stakeholders ensuring that the best deals and efficient processes are delivered for the company
- To use best judgment to ensure that all materials and services are purchased at the best available price for the business
- Own and develop the administrative systems within the Packaging Team
- Manage on time in full reporting, including collation of details, feeding back to suppliers and challenging poor performance
- Controlling the complex label requirement for the company, within budget balancing costs and risk of obsolesce
- Forecasting demand with suppliers who have a long supply chain
- Supporting the procurement team by dealing with supply issues as they occur
- Managing the New Product Development process, ensuring that the correct packaging is available for trials and launches
- Continuously challenging these processes to make them more economic, efficient and effective
This is a fantastic opportunity within a high quality food manufacturing business, offering a progressive role with opportunity to work with major blue chip retailers. This is a great role for someone with minimum experience looking to take their first steps into buying!
If this is of interest to you, then please apply now!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.