A market leading tool and equipment hire organisation has an excellent opportunity for an assistant branch manager in Basingstoke, to join a very successful depot. This national business has 45 years of operation and is continually ranked in the top three firms of their kind within the UK. They operate a network of 170+ branches which are strategically located, maximising revenues combined with a reputation of reliability and expertise within the sector. To be successful in the position of assistant branch manager, it is required that you are skilled and experienced in the following areas:
- Takes charge when Branch Manager is unavailable, resolving issues, banking etc.
- Helps manage staff and branch's day to day activities.
- Trains staff on equipment, processes and procedures.
- Has financial awareness, understands turnover, profitability P&L, budgets, and target.
- Helps maintain profitability.
- Make decisions on customer discounts.
- Health and Safety
- Ensures compliance with Health and Safety in terms of the warehouse, staff and customers.
- Stock Control
- Completes stock takes.
- Orders consumables for equipment and orders stationery.
- Orders equipment to ensure appropriate stock levels.
- Organises driver routes to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Completes all relevant paperwork accurately.
- Customer Care
- Facilitates sales within the branch, both face to face and on the telephone and ensures efficiency and profitability.
- Deals with customers enquiries both sales and resolving issues.
- Keeps up to date with equipment, advising and demonstrating equipment.
- Ensures equipment is ready for hire.
- Builds customer relationships, helps to retain existing business and maximise sales.
If you are a proven tool hire assistant branch manager and looking to work for one of the UK's finest tool and equipment hire companies, offering exceptional career opportunities, training and financial reward, then please don't hesitate in forwarding an up to date CV at your earliest convenience.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.