My client is a globally renowned aid and development charity with 70 years of experience, working and campaigning with partners in over 90 countries worldwide. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join a well established company for a a fixed term contract of 5 months which includes a competetive salary and an attractive benefits package.
- Financial processing of income through cashbooks and supporter database
- Financial reconciliation of supporter database to bank and bank to financial system
- Processing sales invoices and managing accounts receivable ledger
- Monitoring receipt of cash and support debtor management
- Secure processing of cash and cheques into bank
- Processing of banking corrections and income returns
- Apply financial policies & procedures and restricted income requirements
- Monitor accuracy of income processing into supporter database
- Manage income team task allocation for volunteers
- Train and support Oxfam staff and volunteers in effective income processing
- Support immediate and wider team to ensure effective financial management
Skills, experience and knowledge
- Experience of financial processing, bank reconciliation and knowledge of accounting principles
- Strong attention to detail
- Good planning and organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
- Excellent communication skills - written and spoken
- Tenacity to ensure resolution of issues
- Able to demonstrate initiative, e.g. through process improvement, and flexibility
- Team player, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Recognised accountancy qualification
- Understanding of charity accounting e.g. SORP
- Experience of accounts receivable ledger and credit control
- Experience of working with supporter database or equivalent
- Understanding of charity income streams e.g. direct debits, standing orders, online giving platforms, CAF vouchers/cards etc.
- Knowledge and experience of Oracle PeopleSoft financial systems
- Experience of working within an International Non Government Organisation (NGO)
£24,000 DOE (5 month fixed term contract)
If you would like to apply for this position please email your CV or call 0116 3666181
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.