This is an opportunity to join an exciting new business within the Berkeley Group at an early
stage of the project. This strategic new venture is being established to produce volumetric
modules on behalf of Berkeley Group which are specifically designed and engineered for the
residential housing sector to help create high performing, high quality and comfortable
homes for people to enjoy living in.
The management of digital information will be highly important to the success of our new
venture as all materials / components / equipment incorporated into our volumetric modular
products will be directly procured based on specifications mastered by supply chain partners
using structured product data logic.
This new role will have ownership of all structured product data and initially the work will be
in the creation of a structured database for strategic bulk products in conjunction with a
technology platform developed by coBuilder. This work will include extensive liaison with
preferred supply chain partners and the business' Supply Chain Manager to ensure that all
relevant templates have been populated with relevant information and that this information
has been checked / validated ready for use.
As the first projects go live you will be part of an integrated project team responsible for
delivering the new volumetric modular schemes, and this will entail identifying new projectspecific items for incorporating within the structured database. This process is vital as these
project-specific items will be incorporated in conjunction with the strategic bulk products into
virtual models to generate bills of materials for subsequent purchase and consumption during
the manufacturing process. You will also be expected to play your part in key areas linked to
asset management including utilisation of our ERP system and provision of accurate
information for use in cost management.
Initial Duties to Go-Live:
- Main point of contact and expert for asset creation within coBuilder
- Development then management of all standard parts with the integration into the standard structure part library
- Development then management of entire supply chain parts with the integration into the standard structure part library
- Development then management of project specific parts (project by project) with the integration into the standard structure part library
- Development and then management of links to ERP system to ensure parts are online and ready for use when required
- Development and then management of link to estimating system to ensure parts are aligned to correct cost and supply chain agreements.
- Involvement in development of rule-based logic to support Engineering BoM to Manufacturing BoM Conversion
- Development of interfaces between coBuilder / ERP / PLM / MES platforms
- Help securing our ISO accreditations
Skills and Qualifications:
- Preferably degree or BTEC educated
- Proven and practical experience of managing asset data and information activities in a large organisation or a large multi-disciplined project
- Good knowledge of asset data and data management systems and process within engineering and construction organisations
- Competent and comfortable processing large volumes of data following pre-defined processes and methodologies
- Good communicator and interpersonal skills who can liaise with all levels of staff across integrated project team
- Good experience of using typical MS office computer applications
- Exposure to ERP systems and databases
- Benefit to have knowledge of the PAS 1192 framework
- Benefit to have knowledge of construction materials and use
- Benefit to have experience within manufacturing environment
- Ability to inspire
- Ability to influence
- Strong work ethic
- Strong team ethic
- Ambition to achieve
- Meticulous and actuate working
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.