Barker Ross are currently recruiting for Air Export Team Leader to work for our client based in Irlam, Manchester.
Our client is a large freight and distribution company with depots Nationwide.
As a Team Leader you will be required to ensure branch executes all air Export shipments effectively and efficiently to meet and exceed customer and Company expectations. Responsible for co-ordinating all air Export shipments to ensure that customer service excellence, efficiency, financial, quality and safety targets are met at all times.
Your main resposibilities will be;
- Understand and comply with all relevant Company rules, agreements, policies, procedures and with all relevant legislative requirements and codes of practice.
- Ensure Company business is treated in the strictest confidence and not disclosed to persons outside the Company.
- Act in a professional manner, ensure good working relationships are maintained and promote a good image of the Company at all times
- Maintain and comply with all Health, Safety and Environmental standards, to be aware of the Occupational Health & Safety Management System, OHSAS18001 and to appreciate the responsibility you have to adhere to the respective procedures.
- Be aware that the Company operates a Quality Assurance system BS EN ISO 9001 and adhere to the respective procedures.
- Ensure a good standard of housekeeping through observance of relevant Company policies and ensure that work areas are secure and locked when unoccupied.
- Where appropriate challenge and determine reasons for presence on site of any unauthorised person.
- Attend any development training as required in compliance with the Company's commitment to the Investors In People standard.
The person we look for would ideally have the below; (full training will be provided)
- Educated to GCSE qualification
- Full Driving Licence
- 2 years experience of an air Export environment
- Demonstrable experience of managing carriers and suppliers and deliver corrective actions when necessary.
- Demonstrable experience of managing employee's capability, performance and other issues.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Good PC skills
- Confident decision maker
- Strong people management and delegation skills
- Demonstrable client relationship building and management ability
If you are interested, please contact Karina on 0115 8960 888
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.