A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Agency Shipping Operator to join one of the UK's largest and most experienced independent shipping companies, ship agents and freight forwarders at their site at London Gateway Logistics Centre, on a full time permanent basis.
- A minimum of 2-3 year's experience within Port Agency.
- You will be expected to communicate with the Pilots, Towage Company and the local port authorities, in order to arrange the booking of the arrival & departure of the ships into any relevant UK port.
- Communicate with the ships prior to arrival.
- Issue light dues certification upon vessel arrival.
- Quote disbursement costs for intended vessel arrivals.
- Collate Terminal build up sheets from booking parties, which includes number of export containers, hazardous, reefer & any out of gauge cargo.
Ambition, attitude, drive, service and calibre are the focus for this role.
This role is Monday-Friday 09.00-17.30, though the successful candidate will be expected to board ships out of hours including weekends & bank holiday on a rota system. You will have use of a pool car to board the ships and mobile phone to make/receive calls and reply/send emails.
Salary for this opportunity is £23k-£30k, dependant on experience.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.