Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To work collaboratively and sensitively with service users and their families.
2. To assist the Team Manager in the supervision responsibilities for Social Workers as and when
directed by the Team Manager.
3. Undertake timely assessments in accordance with statutory/regulatory and operational standards,
policy, and procedures for the service with a high degree of efficiency.
4. Plan, implement and review services, actions and processes for service users in accordance with
statutory/regulatory and operational standards, policy and procedures for the service.
5. Manage a caseload and engage in regular supervision and annual Appraisal with the line manager.
6. To act as a practice consultant to other members of the team and contribute to the induction of new
7. To act as a practice mentor to NQSW's within the team.
8. To participate and lead in project and development work as required.
9. Maintain accurate and up to date records safely and confidentially in accordance with the Authority's
policies and procedures.
10. To fulfil the requirements of registration with the GSCC in respect of conduct, professional
development and National Occupational Standards.
11. Develop effective partnership working with colleagues in related teams/agencies both in terms of
providing effective responses to service user's needs and the development of integrated services to
fulfil the Every Child Matters Agenda.
12. To carry out all duties in accordance with Equal Opportunities Policy and other policies
designed to protect employees and service users from harassment. It is the duty of the postholder
not to act in a prejudicial or discriminatory manner towards employees or service users. The
postholder should counteract such practice or behaviour by challenging or reporting it.
13. To comply with all Health & Safety at work requirements as laid down by the Employer.
To carry out all responsibilities with regard to the Equality's Policy and
Procedures and Customer Care Policy.
To comply with all Health & Safety at work requirements as laid down by the
My Client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and
vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Flexibility Clause: Other duties and responsibilities express and implied which arise from the nature
and character of the post within the department (or section) mentioned above or in
a comparable post in any of the Organisation's other sections or departments.
If you think you have the skills and experience to fulfil this role then please contact immediately to be considered.
Candidates must have En chanced DBS
This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 in respect of declaration of spent convictions.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.