To be responsible for the administration / collection of all Income and debt monitoring up to enforcement stage. To take a positive approach to developing a customer focused approach to the collection of Income debt.
- Income collection and debt monitoring up to enforcement stage
- Day to day administration of Council Tax, Business Rates, Sundry Income and Housing Benefit overpayments
- Maintain good up to date working knowledge of Income legislationMaintain good up to date working knowledge of Income policies and processes in all areas
- Maintain a basic knowledge of Housing Benefit & Council Tax Benefit
- Income billing processes
- Deal with and respond to routine written enquiries from all areas
- Deal with all routine telephone enquiries from all areas
- Cover post opening/scanning
- Making routine payment arrangements
- Processing of billing forms and credit notes
- Valuation of Council Tax and Business Rates
- Monitoring of Sundry Income and Housing Benefit overpayment holds
- Monitoring Sundry Income and Housing Benefit debt up to final notice stage
- Trace cases
- Applications for deductions from benefits and earnings
- Operate change control for procedures and systems
- System testing as required
- Input into the Directorate & Divisional Performance plans
- Diversity - promote Solihull's Diversity Scheme
- Flexible Working - work with colleagues to ensure business needs are met and appropriate levels of cover are in place at all times to support the Contact Centre opening times.
- Responsibility to alert supervisor/manager of any perceived training needs
- Responsibility to diligently develop technology skills
- To maintain a strong customer focus at all times
- Responsibility for Council equipment & data
- Carry out such duties as may be required & are commensurate with the role of the post
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.