ADMIN & BUSINESS SUPPORT OFFICER - LEICESTER CITY CENTRE
Salary £8.90 per hour
Duration 3 months plus
Hours 08:30 - 17:00 (Monday to Friday)
To become familiar with the Admin tasks that ensure compliance with the Mental Capacity Act 2005. This will require the candidate to be able to understand elements of the legislation that the service is based upon.
to use MS office package (Excel and Word) to undertake mail merge activities and post out assessments and documents.
To input information into the Adult Social Care (ASC) corporate system known as Liquid Logic and to be able to extract that information through reports.
Provide support to the Best Interest Assessors (BIAs) within the team, as well as those who sit outside of the team but work within the wider ASC.
Commission providers under contract with ASC - including advocacy agencies, external assessors and mental health assessors (MHA).
Answer the telephone as we receive calls from care homes, hospitals, advocates, other professionals. Be able to answer some basic enquiries and become familiar with the duty rota for ensuring enquiries are dealt with.
Arrange meetings, book venue and facilities, circulating papers and be able to take minutes at meetings.
- GCSE's (or equivalent) English and Maths
- MS Office intermediate level training or ability
- Good understanding of the importance of customer care
- Good understanding of confidentiality and data protection
- Understanding of the environmental issues of working in an office environment
- Prior knowledge of the DoLS work
- Experience of carrying out complex administration tasks with little direction
- Experience of using MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and non standard IT applications
- Experience of setting up and maintaining recording sheets/databases
- Must be able to recognise discrimination in its many forms and willing to put the Council's Eqaulity Policies into practice
- Must have a positive attitude to all staff, visitors, clients and the public
- ENhanced DBS check - dependant on work location
If you are interested in this role please forward CV over to email@example.com to discuss the vacancy in more detail. References must be provided over a 3 year bracket (without any gaps in between) Eligibilty proof to work in the UK must be provided along with a DBS check (if you have one) along with declaration of any crinimal convictions spent or unspent.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.