Full time hours (Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours, 1 hour for lunch, can be flexible with start and finish times)
How would you like upto 50 days holiday per year?
Barker Ross has been established for over 30years, we care about our employees, we want to work with them to help them achieve their life goals whilst striving towards our company objectives. By providing an environment that has respect, trust and support at its heart, combined with training, development and mentoring we have an organisation that takes its clients requirements and consistently seeks to surpass their expectations.
We have a fantastic new role for an Account Assistant based in central Leicester.
To assume full day to day responsibility to include (but not limited to):
- recording of bank and cash transactions (both receipts and payments)
- updating Cash Books daily
- preparing online bank payments
- importing weekly sales invoices to SAGE accounting system
- posting cash received and payments made to SAGE
- preparation of bank reconciliations (both monthly and accounting period end)
- support in preparation of daily cash flow reports and forecasts
- preparing cheque lodgements for the bank and ensuring prompt submission to the bank
- petty cash transactions - control and recording
- To provide administrative support to the Finance team - opening and distributing post to main office and answering telephone queries, general filing etc.
- To provide cover for holidays and absence for special billing accounts and Purchase Ledger
- To help with period end routines and support other colleagues in the preparation of the period end Management Accounts
Key skills required:
- Ability to work as part of a small team and provide support wherever and whenever required but still be able to work on own initiative and be self motivated
- Must pay attention to detail and produce accurate, timely information, sometimes working to tight time deadlines (eg at period end)
- Need to be flexible and adaptable - may be occasional additional hours required
- Essential to be computer literate, ideally with intermediate to advanced Excel skills and spreadsheet skills
- Ability to reconcile accounts and correct any possible differences
- Experience in a similar role will be preferable
This role requires working within a busy team and having a can do attitude.
In return we offer a flexible working environment with up to 50 days holiday a year plus many other benefits.
Interested? Apply today! Or alternatively, get in contact with Louise Thompson for more information regarding the role.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.