Full time hours (Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 5.30 pm with 1 hour for lunch)
Based at Head Office (Mercury Place)
Reporting directly to Financial Controller
To assume full day to day responsibility to include (but not limited to):
- recording of bank and cash transactions (both receipts and payments)
- updating Cash Books daily
- preparing online bank payments
- importing weekly sales invoices to SAGE accounting system
- posting cash received and payments made to SAGE
- preparation of bank reconciliations (both monthly and accounting period end)
- support in preparation of daily cash flow reports and forecasts
- preparing cheque lodgements for the bank and ensuring prompt submission to the bank
- petty cash transactions - control and recording
- To provide administrative support to the Finance team - opening and distributing post to main office and answering telephone queries, general filing etc.
- To provide cover for holidays and absence for special billing accounts and Purchase Ledger
- To help with period end routines and support other colleagues in the preparation of the period end Management Accounts
Possibly a recent graduate you may have studied Business and Finance and will be interested in a career within a finance department. Study assistance may be available for AAT examinations.
Key skills required:
- Ability to work as part of a small team and provide support wherever and whenever required but still be able to work on own initiative and be self motivated
- Must pay attention to detail and produce accurate, timely information, sometimes working to tight time deadlines (eg at period end)
- Need to be flexible and adaptable - may be occasional additional hours required
- Essential to be computer literate, ideally with intermediate to advanced Excel skills and spreadsheet skills
- Ability to reconcile accounts and correct any possible differences
Salary: Dependent on experience and qualifications
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Group only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.