Superb opportunity is available for 4 proven build section managers on a prestigious project in Cardiff. You will be working for a national main contractor that has an exceptional reputation in South Wales, with an abundance of live projects, as well as schemes awaiting to start in the region.
To Manage the allocated Construction works on site ensuring they are carried out safely and adhering to the time, cost and quality parameters
- Contribute to the achievement of the companies safety targets and zero tolerance of unsafe working practices and occurrences.
- Day to day management of allocated works packages and areas
- Fully understand all specifications/ drawings and ensure compliance and the required quality is achieved.
- To work with the Construction Manager to develop detailed and accurate short term programmes of work
- Ensure any instructions to trade contractors are via the commercial department.
- Read and fully understand the scope of works and attendances for the allocated trades and ensure compliance the same.
- Drive the job forward and meet the construction delivery programme
- Coordination of allocated site activities, pedestrian management and logistics
- Keep an accurate site diary /traceability
- Lead/attend weekly progress meetings with allocated trades and keep accurate minutes
- Good Construction knowledge including fit out experience. Previous experience of Ceilings & partitions, M&E, Carpentry, Floor, wall and ceiling finishes
- People management skills
- Influencing skills
If you are a proven section manager and you are looking for a long term career move, then please don't hesitate in forwarding an up to date CV.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.