Barker Ross are currently recruiting for 3.5ton Delivery drivers for our client based in Southall, UB2. This is for a straight permanent role with our client.
The 3.5ton Delivery Driver is responsible for carrying out all deliveries allocated by the Transport Supervisor. You must ensure that the correct type and quantity of products for delivery as specified on each respective customer invoice are delivered and signed for by the customer. You are also responsible for making any necessary price adjustments and for collecting payments.
Typical Working Hours:
- Working Monday to Friday with 1 Saturday every 3 weeks, an average of 48 hours per week 48 hours per week on average
- Flexibility is required to work additional hours and rotating shifts to meet the needs of business.
Responsibilities will include:
- To take responsibility for your allocated vehicle and all its equipment such as mobile phone and satellite navigation unit and maintain it in a clean and roadworthy operational condition at all times.
- To carry out a daily check of all aspects of their allocated vehicle, reporting all vehicle or equipment defects using the appropriate forms
- Ensure legal compliance is maintained and that any infringement is reported immediately to the Transport Team Leader/Supervisor
- You will be responsible for your own personal compliance with driver's legal duties, also ensuring any accidents, are reported correctly.
- To project a professional image and establish a good relationship with customers by always appearing clean and tidy
- To check delivery notes and sort them in to "round" order
- To "make up" orders by picking from the rear of the allocated vehicle and deliver these to the established delivery point at customer premises
- To liaise with Transport Supervisor in establishing the acceptability of any customer request to amend an established delivery point
- To collect any products to be returned from the customer and ensure that all relevant returns documentation is completed
- To collect customer payments as appropriate and take responsibility for monies collected
- To complete all necessary documentation
- Perk box discounts
- Employee referral scheme
- Baby bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discount on products
- Salary £20,706 per year
- £2000 bonus per year paid 3 monthly
- OT available
Please call our Northampton office 01604 634479 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.