Barker Ross are recruiting for a Yard Manager for our client based in Corby.
You will be responsible for the overall management of the yard ensuring an extremely efficient, safe organised yard operation at all times, also to meet the internal and external customer's demands and expectations.
- Maintains an organised and logical yard operation
- Assigns tasks insuring efficient allocation of labour maximising productivity
- Ensures equipment is safe, operational and regularly serviced
- Motivates, trains and develops a productive the team
- Maintains the upkeep and maintenance of the yard
- Conducts Daily/weekly Meetings
- Ensuring safe working practices are strictly adhered to while maintaining a safe working environment.
- Conducts monthly safety/yard inspections, documents findings/observations
- Oversees inventory of the stock within the yard
- Manages the logistics of all material (location, flow of goods) to ensure proper storage avoiding congestion
- Ensures proper disposal of all damaged/scrap material in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Ensure all containers and shelves are accurately marked to ensure proper product information
- Manages yard and warehouse ensuring compliance with company cleanliness and housekeeping standards
Knowledge and Experience
- Reach or Counterbalance Forklift Qualification
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job
- Self-motivated, energised with flexibility to take on a variety of tasks
- Ability to follow instructions given both verbally and in written form
- Willingness to learn and work to the best of his/her abilities as well as dependable work ethic
- Excellent Communication skills
- Banksman Trained preferable
- Trained and experienced use of cranes/overhead gantries, slings, and chains
Please call Barker Ross Northampton 01604 634479 for more details.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available