Welding Engineer - Offsite Construction/Manufacturing - Northfleet, Kent - £35K-£40K + Package
A strategic new venture is being established to produce volumetric modules which are specifically designed and engineered for the residential housing sector to help create high performing, high quality and comfortable homes for people to enjoy living in.
You will perform work in progress and on completed jobs, to identify any defects in the weld such as cracks, craters and porosity and repair the defects. You will be heavily involved in performing quality checks such as measuring welded products from Robotic Welding Machinery to ensure that they meet specifications for dimension, weld quality, and integrity. You will support the Weld Supervisor to carry out destructive and non-destructive testing of parts to ensure they will meet BN EN 1090 requirements, and will also check weld machine setup and the welding techniques of welders on work in progress to ensure the quality of the work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise closely with Production Workshop supervisors to oversee the manufacture of structural steel weldments for large scale projects for the residential & high-rise sector
- Ensure welders/robots are working within the range of WPS
- Manual Welding rework as required
- Perform equipment start up procedures
- Assure production readiness prior to shift start
- Verify material supply levels in your area
- Ensure hand tools and equipment are ready for use
- Report any problems or abnormalities to Team Leader
You will be an experience Welding Engineer and have:
- Knowledge of Robotic Welding Equipment
- City & Guilds/NVQ qualified in Welding and Fabrication
- Understanding of BS EN ISO 9001/1090 standards
- Demonstrable industry experience within structural steel/heavy fabrication
- Ability to read complex CAD engineering and fabrication diagrams
- Excellent communication skills on all levels
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role, please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 07808628040 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in MMC & White-Collar Construction recruitment, we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type, please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me email@example.com
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.