Weld Co-Ordinator/Supervisor - Offsite Construction/Manufacturing - Northfleet, Kent - £35K-£45K + Package
Berkeley Modular is a strategic new venture is being established to produce volumetric modules on behalf of Berkeley Group which are specifically designed and engineered for the residential housing sector to help create high performing, high quality and comfortable homes for people to enjoy living in.
You will perform visual inspections on work in progress and on completed jobs, to identify any defects in the weld such as cracks, craters and porosity, and will be heavily involved in performing quality checks such as measuring welded products to ensure that they meet specifications for dimension, weld quality, and integrity. The Weld Coordinator will be required to carry out destructive and non-destructive testing of parts to ensure they will meet BN EN 1090 requirements, and will also check weld machine setup and the welding techniques of welders on work in progress to ensure the quality of the work. The welding coordinator will also record the results of all tests and welding inspections carried out on the quality management system
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise closely with Production Workshop supervisors to oversee and inspect the manufacture of structural steel weldments for large scale projects for the residential & high-rise sector
- Ensure welders/robots are working within the range of WPS
- Ensure quality documents are recorded correctly and kept up to date
- Identify material specifications are correct and maintain traceability
- Assist with the compilation of technical specification packs for the shopfloor team
- Take responsibility for final quality inspections and sign off approvals
- Attend on site installation projects to assist with inspection duties when required
You will be an experience Weld Co-ordinator and have:
- CSWIP 3.1 Welding Inspection qualified essential
- City & Guilds/NVQ qualified in Welding and Fabrication
- Understanding of BS EN ISO 9001/1090 standards
- Demonstrable industry experience within structural steel/heavy fabrication
- Audit experience strongly preferred
- Ability to read complex CAD engineering and fabrication diagrams
- Excellent communication skills on all levels
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role, please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 07808628040 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me email@example.com
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available