Our client who is a well established Waste Management Company based in Darlington is currently seeking a Site Manager to join their team on a permanent full time basis.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the main purpose of the role is to the ensure compliant, efficient, safe and cost-effective day to day operation of the Clients on site Operation.
Duties will include:
Manage the day-to-day operations of the on-site Waste and Handyman Teams
* Deliver suitable training for all team members, delivery of regular team briefings via toolbox talks and plant briefs
* Ensure Health & safety procedures are adhered to at all times
* Ensure that the waste storage areas are kept in good order at all times and the inventory minimised as far as is reasonably practicable
* Ensure waste segregation processes are adhered to and any issues reported/ documented
* Deliver improvements in processes to help deliver cost reduction
* Assist with the compilation of all procedures relevant to the operations conducted by the Waste and Handyman teams at site
* Carry out regular auditing/ observations of all operations carried out at site by the clients staff
* Ensure that work is carried out within the terms of the contract
* To ensure that all work is carried out efficiently with the best use of both labour and equipment by managing the on site teams effectively
* To ensure that safe operating procedures are adopted at all times in line with the clients and customer requirements
* Motivate, train and develop such staff as directly report to the job holder
* Assist with the delivery of new waste projects at site level in conjunction with the customer and other clients team members
* Comply with all company administrative procedures associated with the role
* Carry out any other such reasonable job related tasks as the company or customer may require you to undertake from time to time
* Conduct any site specific tasks in conjunction with the customer to ensure all HS&E requirements are met and sustained
Key Skills Required:
* Safety and Environmental Awareness
* Hazardous Waste knowledge / experience
* Communication at all levels
* Focus on site customer needs
* Supervising personnel
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* Driving licence
* Knowledge of waste management site and processes
* IT Skills, (Microsoft Office / Excel / Lotus Notes)
* IOSH Managing safely
If you feel this is the right oppurtunity for you we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV in the first instance.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Syston, Leicestershire
- Up to £8.91 per hour
- 24 days ago
Barker Ross are currently recruiting for warehouse operatives, for a reputable company based in the LE7 Syston area. Job duties: Un - boxing Packing Re - work Re - packing General warehouse duties Adhoc warehouse duties Shifts: 6am - 2pm 8am - 5pm 2pm - 10pm Benefits: Reputable company ... Read More
- Syston, Leicestershire
- £8.91 - £9.80 per hour
- 2 days ago
Barker Ross are currently recruiting for warehouse operatives, for a reputable company based in the LE7 Syston area. Pay rate - £8.91 - £9.80 per hour dependant on shift. Shifts available: 6am - 2pm 6am - 3pm 8am - 5pm 2pm - 10pm Job duties: Un - boxing Packing Re - work Re - packing Ge... Read More
Recycling Operative/ Trainee Weighbridge Operator
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- Up to £11.00 per hour + plus overtime
- 4 days ago
Barker Ross are currently recruiting for Metal Recycling Operative/ Trainee Weighbridge Operative Our Client is a Metal Recycling Company based in Lenton Key Responsibilities : Yard work Operating machinery Picking Metal Learing the process to weigh and record metal in the Weighbridge o... Read More
Hygiene / Production Operatives
- Ilkeston, Derbyshire
- Up to £9.25 per hour
- about 1 month ago
Barker Ross are currently recruiting for Hygiene and Production staff Our Client is a Food Manufacturing and packaging site Hygiene work Line work Table work Picking and packing All other associated duties Job Type: Full-time, Ongoing work Salary: £9.25 per hour Working pattern: 8-hour ... Read More
- Leicester, Leicestershire
- £10 - £12 per hour
- 11 days ago
Barker Ross are recruiting for an exciting opportunity to join a fast paced and forward-thinking company that has experienced exponential growth since its formation in 2001. As Our Maintenance Operative you will be required to perform a variety of tasks within the business and on sites…... Read More