One of the leading logistics providers has an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Team Leader in the Hayes area on a full time permanent basis.
- Delegation of daily operational tasks, ensuring workloads are processed efficiently and labour resource utilised effectively.
- Liaising with customers to ensure that all KPI's are exceeded and business demands are fulfilled.
- Supporting shop floor activities during busy periods and absences.
- Liaising with suppliers for inbound and out bound deliveries.
- Ensure all work meets with the customer's specification, the production plan and the required quality standard.
- Ensure one-to-one communication with the customer is maintained in a timely and professional manner, to ensure that customer priorities are discussed, agreed and achieved through daily workload planning.
- Recording and reporting of daily/weekly KPI's/Hours/Overtime, as required.
- Ensure that all new team members undergo a full induction and training process.
- Actively pursue Continuous Improvement activities.
- Ensure all appropriate paperwork and IT procedures are adhered to.
- Identify any training/development requirements and notify your line Manager.
- Ensure appropriate work instructions and SSOW are in place and team members adhere to them.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proactive and driven- a hands on professional who has experience of leading a team within a 3PL demanding environment.
- Experience of managing a start-up would be an advantage.
- Conscientious with good attention to detail.
- Excellent people and customer service skills- this role has a large customer focus, so an ability to be sensitive to customer needs whilst maintaining a professional approach is essential. Also having the skill to lead and motivate the team to achieve KPI's.
- Flexibility to meet operational requirements.
- Prior experience of the rail industry would be an advantage.
- Organised with the ability to prioritise workloads.
- Excellent IT skills- the role involves the use of warehouse management systems, email and Microsoft based packages.
You MUST meet the following criteria to apply:
- 5 Years UK checkable history (employment and/or education and/or unemployment).
- No unspent Criminal Convictions (subject to the rehabilitation of offenders act).
- Full manual UK/EU Driving Licence.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
Hours and Shift are 7am-7pm (12 hours) on a x 4 on x 4 off rotational basis
Salary for this opportunity is £27k plus benefits.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.