Warehouse Support Operative
We are seeking a number of talented individuals to join our friendly, close knit and hard-working team on a full-time basis. Working as part of an onsite recruitment team for one of the UK's largest distribution centres, you will be responsible for supporting the day to day operations within their warehouse and improving performance of our colleagues to ensure KPI's are achieved.
This is an exciting role which will form a critical bridge between the warehouse operations and recruitment team with a long term objective of improving pick performance, reducing downtime, positively effecting attrition & absence rates and buddying new starters
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Supporting start of shift
- Buddying new starters to bed in good process
- Working with Pick Operatives to improve performance
- Identifying and resolving absence
- Dealing with downtime issues
- Resolving pay queries from candidates
- Creating a close working relationship with our client to identify win/win opportunities
- Provide excellent levels to our customer
- Attending Regular review meetings to ensure service levels are maintained
Ideal candidates will have:
- Previous warehouse picking experience with a targeted environment
- Ideally have some management experience at team leader level
- Be computer literate
- Be an excellent communicator and motivator
- Have a can do, positive, problem solving attitude
- Be able to work on a PM shift on a rota working 5 out of 7 days
Interested? Apply today! Or alternatively, get in contact with Louise Thompson for more information regarding the role.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Group only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Rutland, England
- £34000 - £37000 per annum + plus bonus
- 18 days ago
A forward-thinking fulfilment, e-commerce, distribution, warehousing and storage solutions business has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and dynamic Warehouse Manager to join their team in the Rutland (East Midlands) region on a full time, permanent basis. This is a fantastic ... Read More
- Leicestershire, England
- £50000 - £55000 per annum
- 8 days ago
A well-established haulage, warehousing and pallet distribution services business has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Transport General Manager to join their expanding business in the Leicester region on a full time, permanent basis. This is a real opportunity to shape and de... Read More