You will be working in their large warehouse, which is a fast paced 24 - hour operation so you will be expected to make quick operational decisions and use your initiative. Drawing on your previous management experience in a similar role, you will use your extensive operational knowledge to set achievable seasonal targets for your team.
Main duties of the role:
- Lead, motivate and engage with the warehouse operatives through the team of 1 Shift Manager and 4 Team Leaders
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of the warehousing functions. To maintain and improve performance levels.
- Effective development of a complex set of resources to flow weekly peaks of 360,000 cases to throughs of 180,000 to demanding timetable
- Manage the Health and Safety in the warehouse
- Timely recruitment and selection of agency and permanent operatives
- Manage the process for ensuring compliance on key internal and external audits
- Investigate any service or operational failures to ensure they are understood and prevented in the future
- Produce KPI's for the warehouse
- Previous management experience
- Have a good understanding of computer and warehouse management systems.
- The ability to work with the site management team in order to achieve wider business goals that could be detrimental to the warehouse
This position offers an immediate start. To apply for this position please forward your CV to email@example.com
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
- Northamptonshire, England
- £40000 - £50000 per annum + plus car or allowance
- 11 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Commercial Manager with expertise within the warehousing and logistics sector, to join a one of the UK's leading freight forwarding businesses on a full-time permanent basis. You will join the team in Northamptonshire. Reporting into... Read More
Business Development Manager
- Whittlesey, Cambridgeshire
- £40000 - £50000 per annum + plus company car and other benefits
- about 6 hours ago
One of the leading providers in the parcel delivery network has an opportunity for a Logistics Business Development Manager. This opportunity is available for the successful candidate work from home or to be based within a commutable distance to their site in Peterborough. You will deli... Read More
DC Section Manager
- Wigston, Leicestershire
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- 26 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced logistics professional to join a leading distributor of maintenance and repair products as Distribution Centre Section Manager. This permanent role to be based at their Leicester site. Reporting into the Senior Operations Manager, yo... Read More