You will be working in their large warehouse, which is a fast paced 24 - hour operation so you will be expected to make quick operational decisions and use your initiative. Drawing on your previous management experience in a similar role, you will use your extensive operational knowledge to set achievable seasonal targets for your team.
Main duties of the role:
- Lead, motivate and engage with the warehouse operatives through the team of 1 Shift Manager and 4 Team Leaders
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of the warehousing functions. To maintain and improve performance levels.
- Effective development of a complex set of resources to flow weekly peaks of 360,000 cases to throughs of 180,000 to demanding timetable
- Manage the Health and Safety in the warehouse
- Timely recruitment and selection of agency and permanent operatives
- Manage the process for ensuring compliance on key internal and external audits
- Investigate any service or operational failures to ensure they are understood and prevented in the future
- Produce KPI's for the warehouse
- Previous management experience
- Have a good understanding of computer and warehouse management systems.
- The ability to work with the site management team in order to achieve wider business goals that could be detrimental to the warehouse
This position offers an immediate start. To apply for this position please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Warehouse Operations Manager
- Corby, Northamptonshire
- £45000 - £55000 per annum + plus bonus and other company benefits
- 15 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to implement their logistics, warehousing and distribution experience as Warehouse Operations Manager with a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Corby, Northamptonshire. This is a ... Read More
Warehouse Area Managers
- Leicester, Leicestershire
- Up to £25200 per annum + plus company benefits
- 29 days ago
Opportunities have arisen for experienced Warehouse Area Managers join a leader in the logistics sector at their site in Leicester. The role will be on an initial 3 month contract with the review to extend by a further 3 months based on performance. We are looking for Warehouse Area Man... Read More
Depot Onsite Manager
- Norwich, Norfolk
- £28000 - £30000 per annum + plus company benefits
- 4 days ago
A successful UK parcel delivery business have fantastic opportunities for experienced Onsite Managers to join the operation at their Norwich and Ipswich These are a key appointments for the organisation and a genuine chance to make a real mark on the success of the Depot. The company th... Read More
Logistics Contracts Manager
- Northamptonshire, England
- £43000 - £47000 per annum
- 7 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced logistics Contracts Manager to join a world-class distribution business on a full-time, permanent basis in the Northamptonshire region. This is a truly exciting time to join the company, recognised as a top 10 global logistics provid... Read More