Position Capacity Planning Manager
Location Nanscawen Road, Fradley Park, Lichfield, WS13 8LH
Ref AD 74394
One of the leading logistics providers has an opportunity for a Warehouse Capacity Planning Manager in the Lichfield area. This is a full time, permanent role with career development opportunities.
The Capacity Planning Manager is responsible for utilising forecasts and processing data to produce and maintain short-medium and long-term plans in conjunction with operations.
You will work in collaboration with the operational teams to understand current process flows and how these impact site occupancy and capability.
You will plan and ensure we have sufficient inbound and storage capacity to meet the forecasted requirement, whilst leading and managing a small planning team to meet the team, site, and business objectives.
In the position of Capacity Planning Manager, you will be responsible for the utilisation and maintenance of a skills matrix to ensure efficient utilisation of capability within the department.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Inbound and Layout planning functions to improve forecasting, stock availability and customer event cycles. You will effectively utilise pick and storage area by area reporting to ensure peak optimum efficiency for putaway/replenishment and the picking of stock.
We will be possess a high level management of both internal and external relationships to gain an understanding of the customer and company requirements to incorporate into the planning tools, activities, and objectives.
It is important you have experience of converting customer forecast and sales data into useable warehouse metrics to highlight opportunities and drive actions to meet demand.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft packages including Excel/ Access and Power Query.
- SQL and Macro experience are beneficial.
- Experience in analysing large data sets and preparing data to present to senior teams.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques.
- Experience within a high-volume warehouse environment in a leadership position.
- Exposure to a wide range of warehouse activity including warehouse planning, inbound processes, internal stock movements and dispatch.
- Working understanding of warehouse management systems.
- Enthusiastic, quick learner with the proven ability to deliver results.
- Proficient in use of MS Office programmes.
Salary for this opportunity is £30k-£35k plus good company benefits.
You will work Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm, with some flexibility at the needs of the business.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!