One of the leading logistics providers has a fantastic opportunity for a Warehouse Planning & Systems Manager in the Wigan area. This role is a full time permanent opportunity.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Warehouse Planning & Systems Manager who will own and lead the planning, stock control, quality, returns and systems functions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of inbound planning, stock location & quality, systems and operational support.
You will have experience in an FMCG environment, an ability to operate at pace on day to day activities as well as ad-hoc requirements.
This role requires a methodical thinker with passion for the detail of the execution of all activities. This is an excellent opportunity to work in partnership with the leadership team to develop a successful ONE Team engaging culture.
- Delivering an overall operational plan for labour and volume.
- Balancing service delivery with cost to serve as part of the senior team.
- Key decision maker in deciding volume split and stock holding between both organisational plants.
- Working with Planning & Optimisation Manager to create a plan of future changes identified by the optimisation coordinator.
- Identifying trends adversely affecting the integrity of stock and the potential impact on our Customer's.
- Completing control checks within all areas of the Distribution Centre to verify operational performance and to identify/minimise risk areas of the business.
- Ensuring the administration of the warehouse management system consistently meets the operational & customer expectations.
- Meeting and exceeding KPI's.
- Leading, developing and motivating the team to achieve productivity goals.
- Lead project & system upgrades (including potential new WMS) for the site.
Skills, Experience & Attributes
- Experience in SAP, WMS, Impromptu and Microsoft.
- Experience of planning large scale changes in an operational environment.
- The ability to convert team ideas in to tangible projects of change at pace.
- Experience of planning routine tasks on time and accurately.
- An ability to identify route cause via analysis to understand issues and create preventative measures and improve performance.
- Proven track record of developing team members and creating a high performing team.
- The candidate must be able to react to customer demands by providing timely and relevant responses.
- Execute a positive customer experience at all times.
Salary for this opportunity is £42.5k please other benefits.
Working hours for this excellent position is expected to be Monday to Friday.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.